Welcome to the UK Wildlife Film School
Practical ´hands-on´ wildlife film courses in the UK.
Earn an internationally recognised ´SCQF Level 8 Diploma´ whilst filming on location. The UK Wildlife Film School remains to be the UK´s leading provider of independent wildlife film-making workshops/courses; and continues to be one of the most comprehensive wildlife film schools in the world in reference to time spent in the field, working, filming and editing in 4K.
We are proud to be the only wildlife film school in the world to film and edit 4K and out in the field giving you the opportunity to learn and experience hands-on what it is like and what is required to live and film in remote and wild locations.
The UK Wildlife Film School uses professional 4K television cameras and editing system; the practical experience you gain from attending your course and films you produce, will be of the highest production quality giving you a major advantage as you embark on your wildlife film career.
Now in its 10th year the UK Wildlife Film School is extremely proud to announce that we are now offering a ´Diploma´ qualification that will be studied as an 16 week course. The Diploma is independently assessed and accredited by the Center for Credit Rating at Napier University in Edinburgh; under the Scottish Credit and Qualification Framework.
The Diploma will be a SCQF Level 8 Diploma. (This is the equivalent to a Higher National Diploma (HND) and the highest level of Diploma we are able to offer outside of a university setting) and means that we are now the only wildlife film school in the world giving its students an ´internationally recognized SCQF Level 8 Diploma qualification´ for attending its courses.
16-week ‘Diploma in Wildlife Film Making’ (2017)
Above is the 20 minuite film produced by Maria Blanco from the footage filmed during her 2017 Diploma in Wildlife Film Making.
The whole film was filmed and produced on location on the Isle of Mull during the 8 week practical section of this 16 week course.
Before the course Maria had never used a television camera, let alone produced a wildlife film on location.
During her course we took Maria though all the fundemental stages of production from filming and editing to script writing and logistics.
Enjoy the film…
Maria´s After Course Testimonial
Did you accomplish what you set out to do?
Did you enjoy your course / What was your favourite moment?
Maria´s Student Testimonial
Below are some questions we think you should seriously concider before booking a wildlife film course with anyone, anywhere !
Does your wildlife film course...
1. Supply you with broadcast quality cameras to film with ?
2. Supply you with the latest Sony 4k cameras to film with ?
3. Supply you with all of the production equipment necessary to produce a wildlife film, so you can attend your course without having to actually buy any of this equipment yourself first ?
4. Supply one camera for every two students ?
5. Supply you with the latest mobile editing facilities so you can edit 4k footage out on location ?
6. Film in remote locations whilst operating out of a fully equipped base-camp ?
7. Supply you with all of the camp equipment necessary to operate from this base-camp out on location ?
8. Spend every day of your wildlife film course working and filming out on location ?
9. Actually last long enough for you to be able to film, edit and produce a short wildlife film, and not just 2 or 3 days ?
10. Actually film ´Real Wildlife´ - that is roaming freely within its own natural environment, as appose to filming animals that are ´kept´ in Fenced pens or Enclosed areas whilst you're being told by your instructors that you are filming wildlife ?
Ask yourself again... Are you actually filming ´Real Wildlife´ ?
If you have answered ´No´ to any of the questions above, you really must ask yourself “why are you going on this film course” when you come on a Wildlife Film Course with the UK Wildlife Film School; every answer to all the questions above, will become a YES !
As a way of keeping an eye on people visiting our website and making course enquirers,
we have deliberately left the course fees off of our website.
We would therefore ask that all enquirers come via our enquirers webpage.
We are sorry if you find this inconvenient, but student enquiry numbers are important to us and though experience
we have found that this is the simplest and most cost effective way to monitor them.
To enquire about the fees of a specific course Click here